Now that you’ve finally found us, you’ll find that the Sierra Club has been devoted to preserving nature’s miracles for over one hundred years. We’d like to invite you to become a part of our network, and join the more than 700,000 members across the country and the 4,000 members in SW Wisconsin who want to make the world safe for all creatures great and small. If you are in Madison, Dane, Sauk, Columbia, Juneau, Adams, Richland, Iowa, Grant and Crawford counties in Wisconsin, you are in our region.
Join The Sierra Club
- Help The Planet – Sierra Club members have the satisfaction of helping preserve irreplaceable wild lands and wildlife through congressional lobbying and grassroots action.
- Sierra Magazine - Members stay well-informed with a one-year subscription to award-winning Sierra magazine. Filled with spectacular nature photography and in-depth reporting on the hottest environmental issues.
- Discounts – Members receive discounts on all Sierra Club logo items including our distinguished books and celebrated calendars. Visit the Sierra Club store.
- Worldwide Outings Program – Travel to the far corners of the earth–paddling or pedaling, ski touring or trekking. We offer hundreds of exciting outings, from the tundra to the tropics. Members can even build trails, preserve archeological sites and help clean up the environment on our exhilarating Service Trips!
- Local Chapter Membership – Members receive up-to-date news on local conservation issues and invitations to chapter events, and can also volunteer for local or national conservation campaigns.
Give To the Sierra Club
The Four Lakes Group is always in need of funds to support our local activities. We do get some money from membership dues, but its is usually not enough to cover all our expenses. We lead outings, offer educational programs, have an active conservation agenda, publish newsletters, support our Madison Inner City Outings outreach program, send volunteers to training, and work on local legislation & campaigns. Because we do electioneering and lobbying, donations directly to the Four Lakes Group are not tax-deductible, but rest assured that they are put to excellent use.
Please make all checks out to the “Four Lakes Group Sierra Club”. If you must have a tax deduction for your donation, please make it out to the “Sierra Club Foundation” and it will be processed accordingly. Just realize that tax-exempt money can only be used for educational purposes, so our ability to put your donation to use will be less. Either way, we appreciate your support!
Please remember to include your name and address so we can send you a thank you and let you know your donation was received! Checks can be mailed to:
C/O Lacinda Athen
4909 Sherwood Road
Madison, WI 53711